- Day 1: Evaluate dairy, while keeping the rest of your diet Whole30-compliant.
- Days 2 & 3 should be 100% Whole30-compliant so that your body can let you know how it reacted to the Day 1 food.
- Day 4: Evaluate gluten-containing grans, while keeping the rest of your diet Whole30-compliant.
- Days 5 & 6 should be 100% Whole30-compliant so that your body can let you know how it reacted to the Day 4 food.
- Day 7: Evaluate non-gluten grains, while keeping the rest of your diet Whole30-compliant.
- Days 8 & 9 should be 100% Whole30-compliant so that your body can let you know how it reacted to the Day 7 food.
- Day 10: Evaluate legumes, while keeping the rest of your diet Whole30-compliant.
I didn't exactly follow this and I paid for it later! On day 1 I had three chocolate chip cookies from Subway. They do (did) have the best. After two i could tell that I didn't like the after taste. It wasn't what I remember them being, ya know? They made me feel fat and sluggish! Later that evening I went to a movie. I bought a small popcorn (stop rolling your eyes) and a Buncha Crunch. I wasn't thrilled with the popcorn, so I stopped eating it. The Buncha Crunch was waaaaay too sweet. I didn't like it at all.
looks can be very deceiving!
Day two I had two bites of cheddar cheese while I was making breakfast. I didn't like the taste, so I threw the rest of it away. With lunch I had a piece of pound cake. We had two birthdays in the office on Monday and it was from that. The cake was sooo good! Later that evening I went to Panera for dinner. I ordered the the Asian Chicken Salad. I got it as is, torilla strips and bread as a side. It was delish! The bread was everything I had dreamed of.
I woke up on Thursday (day 3) slightly congested and my fingers were swollen. All that work and it was thrown away for some sweet treats that weren't even that good. I had some digestive issues later that morning and that's when I threw in the towel! To hell with the sweets and the breads! I didn't even eat all that much, but it's already effecting me so negatively. The kicker was when work surprised me with the Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake. I felt bad, but ate some of it anyways.
Before the baseball game on Friday I had a nice healthy dinner - chicken breast with avocado and a baked sweet potato. I didn't have hot dogs or french fries or peanuts. I did enjoy some chocolate ice cream and it was delish! However, that's that. No more! Nothing is worth feeling like poo (literally sometimes).
Due to the way I reintroduced foods (basically all at once...they way you're NOT supposed to do it) I don't know exactly what made me feel the worst. But, out of everything I did eat, none of it is worth it. I was supposed to go on a date and get pizza, but I cancelled that right away. I have no interest in pizza or diet coke. Those are words I never thought I would say.
This just goes to show you that the Whole30 works! Clean eating WORKS! I'm all for it!
*unless there's a really super special occasion that requires me to eat cake!
All Materials © Erica Musyt