Pet Peeves, by Wikipedia definition, is a minor annoyance that an individual identifies as particularly annoying to themselves, to a greater degree than others may find it. Urban Dictionary defines a Pet Peeve as an irritating experience caused by others in which you cannot control. Ooh, no control...me no likey!
We all have them. They are annoying. You know it. I know it. Here are just a few of mine.
1. When people say 'good' when they should say 'well' and visa versa. I wasn't an English major or anything like that, but if you went to any sort of school you should know the difference.
2. Same thing with 'me' and 'I.' Just get it right already!
3. Really slow drivers. At least drive the speed limit, please! Oh, and slower traffic keep right.
4. Guys who still sag their pants and below their waist past their butt! I mean, really? It's about to be 2015. The 90s are so over!
5. People using their cell phones during the movie in the theaters. So rude!
6. When people ask questions during a tv show or a movie. JUST WATCH IT!
7. Lateness. Be on time. If you have a phone (which everyone does), then you have a clock. You should never be late.
8. Chewing your food with your mouth open. You're not a cow!
9. Speaking of cows, when you chew your gum, same rule applies. Thanks.
10. When I'm reading a book and someone tries to star talking to me. Especially when I'm public transportation.
11. People who hover...period! Space Bubble!
12. When I get mail (especially magazines) and someone else looks through it first. Love you dad!
13. People who don't answer the phone when you call them, but reply to your now missed call with a text. You are clearly by your phone!
14. Texting in general. Whatever happened to just talking on the phone. Especially with someone you're dating. I could do an entire post on Dating Pet Peeves!
15. Banks that charge you extra if you use your card as a debit instead of credit. Whyyyy?
16. All those gluten-free people that don't actually need it. In my catering service days that was really annoying and made my life a lot more difficult!
17. The whole, "let's get together soon." Most of the time, it never really happens. Ever!
18. Stepping in water when you have socks on. I just feels wrong.
19. People, mostly dudes, who grunt really loud at the gym when they are lifting weights. And then they don't put the weights back. Thank you for thinking I can lift a 50 lb weight on my own, but not gonna happen!
20. People who sweat all over the treadmill/elliptical/bike/weight machine and then don't wipe it off. EWWWWWWWW!
What are some of your pet peeves?
All material © Erica Musyt