(11 years old)
My eyebrows before I ever started grooming them.
(15 years old)
Attack of too much Nair!
(23 years old)
The year before I discovered Anastasia
I was working at a small boutique on Robertson Blvd and a coworker of mine told me about her. Anastasia does all the stars' brows and is featured in magazines and on Oprah! I had to get an appointment! This was around March and in order for Anastasia herself to do my eyebrows I had to make an appointment pretty far in advance. So, I decided that for my birthday that year I would treat myself to an $80 eyebrow waxing. It wasn't just a waxing, it was an education! She was amazing. I had no idea how I was going to be able to do this on my own at home. Luckily, you can buy the stencils at Sephora. You can buy an entire kit at Sephora! I have my own "kit" that I used to help me master my eyebrows over the years. Below I show you what I use and how I do it.
1. I call it an "EyeBrow Brush." You can get it at any general store.
2. A good pair of tweezers are very important.
3. Anastasia Stencil; I'm a high arch.
4. Shade pencil to color in your eyebrows. The smallest size works best for me.
5. A shadow that matches your brow color. I use Covergirl Eye Enhancer's Sombra Realzadora.
6. Covergirl Clear Mascara to tame my curly brows.
7. Q-tips to touch up at the end.
This is my before. You can see my "holy" arches from over plucking throughout the years.
The first step is to line up the stencil over your brow.
Then you want to take the brush, after putting it in your shadow, and just fill it in.
An extra step that I do sometimes is to take a concealer pencil and draw a line under the brow. This helps to define it a bit more.
Oops! Sometimes it gets a bit messy! :)
After I apply the liner and mascara I sometimes get spots on my eyelids. This is where the q-tips come into play. Just wet them a tiny bit and rub the mascara off.
And you have a nice filled in brow.
Some of my "extra" tools that I use.
1. Maybelline's "Pink Petal" eye shadow. It's a really nice neutral pink that I can put on my eyelids.
2. Covergirl eyeliner in purple. The name has actually rubbed off, but it's number 25. I like using purple with my green eyes, because it makes them pop a little bit.
3. Maybelline's Great Lash mascara in Very Black.
4. Clean Mascara Comb. This helps getting the clumps out and separating your lashes.
Well, that's how I do my eyebrows! I really do feel that eyebrows can define a person. Especially a person's expression!
fun and excited!
I hope that this was able to assist anyone out there. I thought about doing a video on this, which I could still do, so if anyone out there is interested let me know!